8: Undefined index: alttoxdisclaimer
The ASCCT is seeking information from academicians working to develop or use alternative or "3Rs" methods in their research for an event during the 8th World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences in Montreal.
Please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org
) in the next two weeks to participate, and either feel free to share with your colleagues or suggest colleagues to me that might be interested in providing information. Thank you so much for your help!
The short questionnaire is pasted below. Responses to any or all questions would be appreciated:
Challenges in development and implementation of the 3Rs in Academia: North American perspective
1. What are the driving factors for using alternative 3Rs methods in academia?
2. What information sources are used to retrieve suitable 3R methods for academia?
3. Which steps are taken for alternative test methods development? E.g., in-house, in partnership, which partners, funding sources
4. How involved does the researcher become with formal validation? How do they gain access to ICCVAM/ ECVAM? What funding sources are available for validation?
5. Once validated how do researchers work with regulatory agencies to ensure acceptance of data? E.g., challenges, communication channels used with regulatory bodies, acceptance of weight-of-evidence approaches
6. Proposed recommendations to make implementation and use of alternative methods more efficient in academia